Sunday, August 14, 2011

My Quest for Weight Loss


I've been suffering from PCOS or Polycystic ovarian syndrome for more than 6 years. Actually, I don't know when I had PCOS but I noticed I've been gaining a lot of weight since 2004. I used to be very skinny. Was about 120-125 pounds most of my life and I am 5'7 1/2". My maximum weight was 200 pounds but that was on the day that I was going to give birth. It was a miracle how I was able to get pregnant. After many disappointing days of seeing the pregnancy test result as negative, finally I was able to conceive. It was a horrible pregnancy though, we almost died due to severe preeclampsia but we managed to survive it together thanks to a lot of prayers from people who loves us. After I gave birth and had my daughter's baptism, I was ready to do something about my weight because I was about 190 pounds back then.


A lot of people tease me for being fat. They say some mean things without really understanding what I am going through. They think I eat like a pig because I got so big when I used to be so skinny. They don't know how hard it is for me to lose weight as I don't really eat a lot. Well, i went out on a quest to try and lose weight. I've been on a diet of 1 cup of brown rice a day with mostly vegetables for my meals. I count my calories too and I use www.calorieking.com for my calorie count and I managed to keep my food intake at around 800 calories a day... for 5 months! And guess what? I lost 8 pounds in total. It was really heartbreaking for me because I know 1 pound is 3,500 calories and my body require at least 2,000 pounds a day. So why just 8 pounds? I really wondered why and I didn't know what to do.

Then I became very desperate. I wanted to try diet pills so I did my research and I came to the conclusion that Slimina is the best bet. I thought it was the safest diet pill out there but it actually almost killed me! No offense to those who take it or are selling it, but this is the truth. Slimina almost killed me after taking it for just a little over a month. It didn't help me lose weight actually but it was able to stabilize my weight a bit. But, I got into a breaking point. One day while I was busy writing my articles to meet my deadline, I felt something on my chest that I couldn't understand. Then I felt like I couldn't breathe as well as normal. Then after a few minutes the left side of my head became numb. I couldn't feel anything! I was a bit frantic but I know being scared won't do me any good so I called up my husband to drive me to the E.R. There, the doctor suspected I had a stroke! A stroke? At my age? I'm only 28! I was scared because it felt so real... like I was going to die then and there. I had my CT scan and they also checked my heart but everything came out normal. As I went home that night I had the worse kind of headache I ever experienced and no pain medication was able to help me. It was the worst experience ever. That time I didn't know it was Slimina that did it. I thought I was sick. The next day everything went back to normal and I was relieved. Then, a week later, I started experiencing something odd. (I already stopped taking Slimina on the day I had that attack as the doctor advised that it could be the cause) I notice that I have difficulty breathing after I had a nap and didn't understand why. I told my sister about it, I have a nurse sis and a doctor sis so they were able to help me out. They said that I should observe it more closely and so I did. I'm a little stubborn too so I didn't really think about it much. But one day while almost on the verge of sleeping, I noticed I can hear my heart beat. It was fast and I felt like the beat goes up to the topmost part of my skull. I texted my sister and she asked me to count my beats per minute and voila it reached 130! It stayed like that for 5 minutes then I started having difficulty breathing. So, I was rushed to the E.R. again and everything came out normal. My doctor told me that he also had a patient who took Slimina and was rushed to the E.R. That girl unfortunately had to stay in the ICU for days because she got into a coma. I'm so thankful I didn't reach that point but I kept on having arrhythmia for several weeks until all traces of Slimina was flushed away from my body. I will never try Slimina or any diet pills again.

I was 166 pounds 2 months before but then I went home to have my vacation and I gained 18 pounds in less than 3 weeks. that's 18 freaky pounds!!! That's just not possible, right? Well, if you have PCOS then you know how quickly we can gain that much weight. It was disheartening for me because I worked my * off to lose weight gradually but then I gained so much weight in just 3 weeks of normal eating. I didn't even enjoy my food so much :( My doctor told me that since I've been suffering from PCOS then I should take Metformin. So I've been taking Metformin for about a month now, 500 mg breakfast and 500 mg dinner. So far I lost some weight and reached 171 pounds. Then I gained 3 pounds but I don't feel bad about the 3 pound weight gain. Why? Because I super eat out during the time I gained the 3 pounds. I would normally be expecting a weight gain of 10-20 pounds with the way I was eating when I just gained the 3 pounds while I was on Metformin so I am now very happy with Metformin because it helped control my weight. Cheers to Metformin for PCOS women!
----


I've been writing articles and one client of mine asked me to write tons of articles about the HCG diet. And that's how I was able to learn a lot about the HCG diet. I recommended it to my sis who also had a weight problem and she bought some HCG drops. She was on the 40 day HCG diet plan and she lost 25 pounds! My other sis got excited too and asked for 1 bottle of the HCG drops. She said she wants to lose 15 pounds and she's currently still on the 21 day HCG diet phase 2. For now, she's on her 6th or 7th day of the diet and she lost over 8 pounds already! So, with 2 of my sisters acting as my guinea pigs (no pun intended) I decided to give this a go too. And, I want to post all my experiences on this blog. For now, I am on my first day of the HCG diet phase 1 and my weight is 174 pounds.

Phase 1 is the loading phase so I need to eat a lot today and tomorrow. So far I had 1 slice of pizza, 12 oz of dark chocolate smoothie, fried chicken, bread, tuna, soda and I will eat some more later for dinner! hehe! I will be posting my pic later when I have the chance.

This will be the start of my weight loss journey with HCG oral drops and I am hoping to lose 25 pounds with the HCG diet but my total weight loss goal is to lose a total of 35 lbs. I have enough oral drops for 30 days so will be on a 30-day HCG phase 1-2. I also won't be taking my Metformin during my weight loss phase 1 and 2 but might take it during the phase 3 but I'll ask my doctor about that first. For now, drumrolls!


---update---


So here's my photo. Hoping to look slimmer again. ;)






2 comments:

  1. Checking to see what your progress was on the hcg??!??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Checking to see what your progress was on the hcg??!??!

    ReplyDelete